Sunday, May 17, 2009

My career




I study archeology because I am interested in the investigation of past societies. Also, because i am attracted by the humanistic disciplines and social sciences; for example, history, anthropology, sociology and others. From my point of view, I think archeology involves use each of these disciplines, from the perspective of the study of material cultural remains. For these reasons, and many others: the enjoy of exploration and discovery, the curiosity by other forms of social life, the need of understand the present from our own past, I study arqueology.

The archaeologists can contribute in many forms to society. They are important to the study of past of each human culture, from the begining of the human race. Thanks to the archaeologists, is possible have a clearer picture of the peopling of the continents, the first forms of collect hunter life, the origin of agriculture, pottery and the state societies. In few words, the origin of the earliest civilizations in the world and, therefore, the historical antecedent of our own culture.

In Archaeology, the principal tools of this profession are: the social theory from social and historical science and the knowledge of technical instruments of archaeological practice: ecxcavacion tools, microscopes, statistical software, GPS and many others.

In general, I am interested in all topics that the arqueology can study. However, my favourite subject are the study of complex societies: for example, in Chile, Tiwanaku and Inca, and the study of the capitalist industry.

1 comment:

  1. Miguel,
    I think you have named many good reasons to study Archeology, which is certainly a really fascinating subject, that’s why there are many of us who enjoy visiting museums to see the remains of ancient civilizations and extinct peoples.

    I’ve made some corrections to your excellent post for you to consider.
    My career

    I study archeology because I am interested in the investigation of past societies. Also, because i am attracted TO the humanistic disciplines and social sciences; for example, history, anthropology, sociology and others. From my point of view, I think archeology involves BOTH of these disciplines, from the perspective of the study of material cultural remains. For these reasons, and many others: the (/) joy of exploration and discovery, the curiosity ABOUT other forms of social life, the need TO understand the present from our own past, I study arqueology.

    The archaeologists can contribute in many WAYs to society. They are important to the study of THE past of EVERY human culture, from the beginNing of the human race. Thanks to (/) archaeologists, IT is possible TO have a clearer picture of the peopling of the continents, the first forms/SIGNS of HUNTING IN GROUPS, the origin of agriculture, pottery and the state societies. In few words, the origin of the earliest civilizations in the world and, therefore, the historical antecedent of our own culture.

    In Archaeology, the principal tools of this profession are: the social theory from social and historical scienceS and the knowledge of technical instruments of archaeological practice: excavacion tools, microscopes, statistical software, GPS and many others.

    In general, I am interested in all topics that (/) arqueology can study. However, my favourite subjecTS are the studIES of complex societies: for example, in Chile, Tiwanaku and Inca, and the study of the capitalist industry.

    ReplyDelete